Thursday, September 8, 2011

Food, Food, Food :D

Sooooo, recently I've been trying to cook homemade meals for me and Geo, instead of eating out all the time. We were eating out probably 3-4 times a week, talk about MAJOR weight gain...haha. Seriously, it was becoming  a very unhealthy habit and it also costs a ton of money.  Overall, it was just a bad situation.  However, I am now cooking homemade meals that have all tasted AMAZING :D In the past week and a half, I have made chicken divan, lazy-day lasagna, and homemade mac & cheese (my personal favorite thus far).  The best part is that i cook enough for two nights, although the mac & cheese will probably last about 3. That way I don't have to make a meal every night :) And I make food that taste great even the second day :) It's pretty much Awesome and a lot healthier! So, I want comments on this post with favorite recipes that are inexpensive to make and somewhat healthy :) So, if you have any, post them in a comment for me, Please? :)

Also, I have some good news to report :) Geo and I finally got a new car and I LOVE it soooooo much :) It's a 2000 Honda Civic with 153K on it and it's in really good condition...talk about a steal :D It only cost $2700 and it's listed on Kelly Blue Book for $3850...kind of crazy that we got it for such a great price :)

I have to apologize, I still haven't gotten started on any of the projects that I want to do :( Not because I don't have time, but because I don't have money...haha. Geo's almost done with our microwave cart though, which I can't wait for :) I'm sick of having to keep the microwave on my kitchen counter, it doesn't give me much space to work on at all, but oh well.

So, I guess that's it for now :) Make sure you leave me some recipes to try and I'll let you know how they turned out in my future posts :) I may even start putting pictures up of how they look :) Also, I'm following a new blog called Croutons and Cupcakes and I highly recommend it for anyone who likes to cook or wants to learn because it is truly AMAZING :) The URL is: croutonsandcupcakes.blogspot.com :)

Well, that's it for now :D

3 comments:

  1. Okay! I love blogging and I'm so glad you have a blog! I have 2 pretty easy recipes that I really like, and we always have enough for the next day! I'll copy them on here.

    Chicken, Rice and Veggies!

    1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup
    1 1/3 cups water
    3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
    1/2 tsp. onion powder
    1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
    2 cups frozen mixed veggies
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

    Stir soup, water, rice, onion power, black pepper and veggies n 11x8 (2qt) shallow baking dish.
    Top with chicken. Season chicken as desired.
    Bake at 375 degrees for 50 mins. or until chicken and rice are done. Top with cheese. Let stand, stir rice before serving.


    CHICKEN ENCHILADAS!!!!

    half cup chopped onions
    eighth tsp minced garlic
    two tbsp butter
    sautee til onions clear
    add one and half cups diced cooked chicken
    rotisaree chicken
    one four ounce can green chili chopped
    one cup sour cream
    one tsp chili powder
    one tsp ground cumin
    half tsp salt
    fourth tsp pepper
    roll up into tortilla
    put in greased 13x9 cake pan
    pour 1 can cream of chicken, half cup of water, add 4 cups cheddar, cover with foil, bake at 350 for twenty min.

    Sorry the recipes are written kinda weird. i typed both of them really fast while I was trying to balance the phone on my shoulder. haha! Enjoy!
    p.s. this is MarLyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have many bc I'm a cooking school dropout but I love this: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crispy-herb-baked-chicken/detail.aspx.

    I'll try to think of some of the other ones I can actually make... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEST EVER HOME MADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
    2-3 big pieces of chicken cook with a little garlic salt / salt & pepper
    -cut up into small pieces
    (set aside)
    SAUTE:
    3 celery pieces
    1-1.5 c carrots
    sm yellow onions
    (dump into pot of following mixture)
    12 c water
    9 chicken bullion cubes
    cook 30-40 minutes
    after put in noodles for 10 minutes on low heat
    add parsley (just a dash)



    * THIS MAKES A LOT SO 1/2 THE RECP.

    ReplyDelete